Saturday, March 5, 2011

Connecting The Dots My Own Way

I am retired.  I don't know if the Wall Street Journal would agree.  They might say I'm unemployed or that I've closed a business due to difficult economic times.  (I myself have been saying that for months now.)  But, Jerry has convinced me.  He's retired and I'm retired.

THE CAKE.  THE LIBRARY HOSTED A GREAT PARTY FOR JERRY (& HONORED ME, TOO)

I had no doubts that Jerry had retired.  Pension, social security, and everything else.  Even the Wall Street Journal would have no doubts about the fact that Jerry had retired.  Anyway, I always made it clear that when Jerry retired I would retire. I wanted him to retire a long time ago, so I could retire before the age of 40.  He didn't listen.

CONNECTING THE DOTS ... SPAIN

Just to be clear.  I love the idea of retirement.  I just also love the idea of retirement income.  And I always felt the two should go together.  Thankfully, Jerry has the retirement income for us both... and is old enough to collect it.  So, I'll say it again... with feeling: I'M RETIRED.  (Because Jerry was ready to bean me yesterday when I said yet again that HE was retired and I was simply out of business.)

BUT I'M STILL WORKING
ToldemArt GENUINE ALLIGATOR TIE.
FOR THOSE WHO STILL WORK.
I submitted a story to a writing contest yesterday.  Publication ... and a nice cash prize are the rewards.  I added more products to my zazzle.com/toldemart store.  Creating the designs is pure fun for me and I continue to enjoy domestic and international sales — good for my ego (although they don't cover a utility bill).  So, I guess I'm still qualifying my retirement with the idea that I perhaps can earn a bit here and there.  But, that's really all simply for fun...

... Until my best-seller gets published and I begin my book tour.  I can't wait for it to be translated into Spanish so I won't have to spend as much time on the road. 

Because I am retired.

1 comment:

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!