Monday, August 25, 2014

Window-Washing Safety Tip #117

Washing windows at our place is very easy. The windows and doors all open onto one terrace or another. So, there's no climbing ladders. No crawling out on sills. No reaching. No straining.

But I learned yesterday that, even washing these windows, caution is a good idea. After the fact, I checked a number of window-cleaning sites, especially those providing government safety regulations and not one mentioned the problem I encountered.

(Click images for bigger windows.)


A PEAK INTO THE FRONT BEDROOM.
REFLECTIONS OF THE AWNINGS AND THE BEACH BEYOND.
A SPARKLING BEDROOM VIEW OF THE BEACH (WITH AWNINGS DOWN).


SAFETY TIP #117: NEVER STRADDLE A CACTUS.  OUCH.

22 comments:

  1. OUCHY! That is a lesson learned, Mitch! Hope 'everything' is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Bob:
      It just seemed like too much trouble to slide it out of the way.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Michael:
      Fortunately, the fabric was a tough nylon. My little stretchy gym shorts would have made things much worse.

      Delete
  4. To borrow from George Takei..."Oh, myyyyyy!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mitchell , maybe cleaning windows is easy but it is boring project. I love your cactus wonderful but dangerous like a dog. Watch out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia:
      Truly, it's so easy to do here that it doesn't even take long enough to get boring. But, yes, the cactus is dangerous.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Judy:
      My word exactly (although I might have said it a higher pitch).

      Delete
  7. or...if you are going to straddle the cactus make sure to wear a cup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip--never straddle a cactus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      I can't believe I'm the first to share this.

      Delete
  9. Oh my. I think we got the point. Well, you did, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, now that gives me an idea on how to prevent intruders from entering our abode. Thorns can be a man's best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol watch the package there!!

    ReplyDelete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!