Friday, June 9, 2017

Sleeping Dogs / Perros Que Duermen

The other day, I mentioned to San Geraldo that I was glad we hadn't heard from someone from our past who had continued to be extremely unpleasant. He said, "I wonder if something's happened."

I knew from Facebook that that was not the case but, before I could respond, San Geraldo said, "Well, I suppose it's better to let sitting dogs lie."

(In case you're like San Geraldo, the correct phrase is: "Let sleeping dogs lie.")


El otro día, le mencioné a San Geraldo que me alegré de no habernos oído de alguien de nuestro pasado que había continuado siendo extremadamente desagradable. Dijo: "Me pregunto si algo pasó."

Sabía por Facebook que ese no era el caso pero, antes de que pudiera responder, San Geraldo dijo, (al menos, creo que esta es la traducción correcta): "Deja a los perros que sientan dormir."

La frase hecha correcta en inglés debe ser, literalmente, "Deja a los perros que duermen dormir." Otra forma de decir que sería, "Es mejor no reabrir heridas pasadas."

THIS IS COUSIN BRONTES FROM NORTHERN NORWAY. HE CAN DO WHATEVER HE LIKES!
ESTO ES NUESTRO PRIMO BRONTES DE NORUEGA. ¡PUEDE HACER LO QUE QUIERA!
BRONTES WITH HIS COUSIN TORA.
BRONTE CON SU PRIMA TORA.
BRONTES WITH MOM, MARITA, AND SOME OF THE KIDS.
BRONTES CON MAMÁ, MARITA, Y ALGUNOS DE LOS NIÑOS.

FEED ME! BRONTES WITH SAN GERALDO AND AUNT KIRSTI.
¡ALIMENTAME! BRONTES CON SAN GERALDO Y TIA KIRSTI.

26 comments:

  1. What a wonderful dog! On our early morning walks we meet one of similar size.
    Chuck has a habit of mixing up metaphors. I call him Ricki Ricardo!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin:
      I regularly report on "Jerryisms." He's very entertaining.

      Delete
  2. Brontes is a very sturdy, and gorgeous, fellow. He looks mellow, too.
    For my own benefit, I am boycotting Facebook. It was only leaving me angry and/or sad when I used it, so I stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      I don't blame you about Facebook. I feel the same some days. I stayed on because I share my daily blog post link there. And, since I do that, I feel it's only fair to keep up with what my friends are sharing. I am very particular about those friends. Brontes is really sweet. He's 6 years old, which is no puppy for a Great Dane, but he still gets excited with company and he still gets jealous when the goat kids get too much attention.

      Delete
  3. Great Dane? We past a beautiful tan Great Dane every evening....can't tell Buster he's just a small dog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      It's incredible how sweet these huge dogs are (Brontes especially). I guess when you look like that, you don't need to be aggressive.

      Delete
  4. Is Brontes a dog or small horse?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dog, but I bet when he sits around the house, he sits AROUND the house.

    I just flew in from a 1950s Catskills Comedy act and, boy, are my arms tired!

    Take my wife, please!

    I'll stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      I hear the food on the plane was fit for a king. "Here King!"

      Delete
  6. Brontes is a BIG boy! My nephew has a Mastiff....which I think this is? they are beautiful big canines!
    Out for a walk with the 'kids'.....LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      Brontes is a Great Dane. Such a gentle boy. Except when he steps on your bare foot, as Jerry and I both found out.

      Delete
  7. He could have said " shitting dogs squat!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Especially like and enjoy the company of a large dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heron:
      I'm not a fan of the drool, but I love the hugs you can give big sweet dogs like Brontes.

      Delete
  9. Brontes is utterly gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoskred:
      He is and he has the sweetest personality.

      Delete
  10. Here's one for San Geraldo's repertoire: It's a doggy-dog world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth:
      Modern Family! Who wants to live in a world where dogs eat each other?!?

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!