Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I Wanna Thank You

Yesterday was a truly amazing day. I'm feeling loved and grateful for (and extremely confused by) the many kind, generous, loving messages I received. I keep thinking the messages had been somehow mis-directed — meant for someone else — but, San Geraldo will give me that look (you know, that look) and I will then offer a very whiney, "Thank You!"

But, really, thank you!

I received a text message this morning from Elena saying she and her mother (visiting from Bilbao) were on their way to the beach and I needed to meet them because she had something for us. She said it was fragile and needed to be refrigerated. So I threw on some clothes and met them just as they arrived at the beach.

Over the weekend, San Geraldo had baked brownies for their family. Elena's mother said they couldn't return an empty baking pan. So, she made what she called "tarta de cuajada." Cuajada is milk curd. Elena's mother's version of tarta de cuajada includes cream cheese; some people call that "tarta de cuajada con queso (with cheese). Elena's mother's tarta de cuajada looks like flan (only more beautiful) and tastes like a light cheese cake (only more delicious).

If you need us tomorrow, San Geraldo and I will be at the gym all day.

OUR TARTA DE CUAJADA.

While at the beach, Elena texted me to say she had found some interesting beach glass. So, after my coffee, I met them on their way back and received more gifts!

ALMOST-YELLOW GLASS
IT'S MORE TARTA-DE-CUAJADA–COLOURED IN NATURAL LIGHT.
THIS MUST BE FROM A FUSED-GLASS VASE,
GREEN INSIDE, WHITE OUTSIDE.  OR NOT...
COBALT BLUE!!!
A GREEN AND WHITE GLASS NUGGET.
OK, NOT SEA GLASS.
GOMINOLA (FRUIT JELLY) FROM ANA CRESPILLO'S FRUIT MARKET.

Won't you all stand up and take a bow.

22 comments:

  1. Mitchell . I am going to try a piece of cake!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like some, too, Mitchell! :) That torta looks so good. Now, to hunt around for a recipe.

      And, man oh man, another gorgeous blue background -- that sky against the glass (and the fruit jelly thing LOL) is amazing :)

      Delete
    2. Gosia;
      I'm told this is very easy to make. But I don't even MAKE tea!

      Delete
    3. Judy:
      There are loads of recipes for this online. Elena says it takes no time at all. I'll get her family's recipe. She said it only takes a half hour (which in "Mitchell Kitchen Time" would probably be two days).

      Delete
  2. That delicious-looking treat would be worth a day at the gym. If only it were one day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      Oh, that treat requires about a week at the gym. It also caused a very sleepless night; I don't think we were supposed to eat 3/4 of it in one day.

      Delete
  3. A first I thought it was a pumpkin pie, then I remember you live in Spain!!
    What a great way to spend your birthday....with friends and food and seaglass! Loved that yellow piece!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      No pumpkin pie here. Our Spanish friends think it sounds really peculiar.

      Delete
  4. I need - really really need - the recipe for that tarta! Easily worth a day at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      I promise to get the recipe from Elena. She said it's very easy and quick.

      Delete
  5. Belated Happy Birthday to you, my dear friend. I need to look at Facebook more than once a month. :) [Actually, it was May 6th when I last looked at Facebook. I have lots of your blogs to read.]

    By the way, I love your new picture - the sunglasses and the wonderful Mitchell smile - what could be better? Lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo:
      I need to write you, too! So glad you like my new photo. Those are new glasses and I love them. As for the smile, also thanks. I used to hate my smile. I've finally grown into it!

      Delete
  6. My favorite is the green and white nugget.... (I did a double take when I got down to the last photo... first thought was: wow! how did it wash into THAT shape!. You got me on that one)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon:
      The yellow glass I lost a few weeks back was very similar to that sweet gominola. The 'fish' that got away.

      Delete
  7. That cobalt blue is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda:
      One day maybe I'll find a bigger piece of that cobalt blue. It's my favorite, too.

      Delete
  8. tarta de cuajada !!!!!!!!! EAT ~~~ NOW!!!!

    Is that too forward and gauche? Oh well!

    Sea glass bonanza ~~ love the yellow and the green/white and the cobalt blue and the fused gr/wh and the jelly!! Smiles for jellies always!

    Cheers!
    ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron:
      Ana at the fruit market gave me a container of jellies (gominolas) for my birthday. They were gone before day's end. The one pictured was the last!

      Delete
  9. the glass bits are lovely full of colour just like I want life to be.

    ReplyDelete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!