Sunday, June 18, 2017

Beauty And The Beast / La Bella Y La Bestia

La version español está después de la versión inglés.

WE WENT WITH friends Tynan and The Goddess Elena to Mesón Salvador for my birthday dinner. Of course it was perfect from start to finish. San Geraldo had reserved a table inside and one of the staff, Lizbeth, had set the table especially for us. She made two paper roses, one was by my plate and the other was inside an upended wine glass, which was topped with a votive candle. I was hugged by the entire Mesón Salvador family when we arrived and then saw the decorated table. Lizbeth was very proud of her work. Every time Adrián came by, he would sing a line from "Beauty and the Beast" (he only knew one line). When my cheesecake dessert arrived, I discovered (well, I decided) that in Spain when you reach the age of 63, you can start counting from 0 again.

FUIMOS CON AMIGOS Tynan y la Diosa Elena a Mesón Salvador para mi cena de cumpleaños. Por supuesto que era perfecto desde el principio hasta el final. San Geraldo había reservado una mesa en el interior y uno de los empleados, Lizbeth, había puesto la mesa especialmente para nosotros. Hizo dos rosas de papel, una estaba junto a mi plato y la otra estaba dentro de una copa de vino, que estaba coronada con una vela votiva. Yo estaba abrazado por toda la familia Mesón Salvador cuando llegamos y luego vimos la mesa decorada. Lizbeth estaba muy orgullosa de su trabajo. Cada vez que Adrián pasaba, cantaba una línea de "La Bella y la Bestia" (sólo conocía una línea). Cuando llegó mi postre de pastel de queso, descubrí (bien, decidí) que en España, cuando se llega a la edad de 63 años, se puede comenzar a contar de 0 de nuevo.

BACKGROUND FROM LEFT: LIZBETH, ADRIÁN, AND DAVID.
EN EL FONDO DE LA IZQUIERDA: LIZBETH, ADRIÁN, Y DAVID.
NOT ONE GOOD PICTURE OF US, BUT PLENTY TO MAKE ME SMILE.
NO UNA BUENA FOTO DE NOSOTROS, PERO MUCHO PARA HACERME SONRISA.
TYNAN STRIKING A POSE, WITH SAN GERALDO.
TYNAN PONE UNA POSE, CON SAN GERALDO.
ELENA'S BOQUERONES (ANCHOVIES). AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS.
BOQUERONES DE ELENA. INCREÍBLEMENTE DELICIOSO.
MY COD. PERFECT.
MI BACALAO. PERFECTO. 
SAN GERALDO'S TUNA. BEAUTIFUL.
ATUN DE SAN GERALDO. MAGNÍFICO.
THE BEST CHEESECAKE! (IN SPANISH, 0 IS 63.)
LA MEJOR TARTA DE QUESO. (EN ESPAÑOL, 0 SIGNIFICA 63.)
HOME AGAIN.
DE NUEVO EN CASA.

28 comments:

  1. hey, you are only 3 months older than I (turning 0 in sept)! you and SG are such a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie:
      Wow! And just think, we get to do our terrible twos all over again!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful! Good family, friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel:
      A great day and I felt (and feel) very grateful.

      Delete
  3. What a great celebration! And you look good for 0!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely celebration!
    You two are such handsome fellas!
    So next year you will be 1 in Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      No wonder English speakers have such a hard time learning their numbers in Spanish.

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely and thoughtful birthday celebration. I will be 0 in 8 months. Great photo of you and SG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      I do like this Zero thing. A birthday filled with joy and gratitude. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Perfect! Next year you'll be one year old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      I think I'm really going to enjoy being infantile again.

      Delete
  7. Happy Zero! What a great picture of you and Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick:
      Thanks! On the terrace around midnight.

      Delete
  8. How can you eat such wonderful food all the time and not get fat? I feel like I put on a pound or two every time I read your blog!!! Lol. Glad your birthday was nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer:
      Genetics, metabolism... maybe luck. One thing my mother did right was to encourage healthy snacking. I rarely eat more at a sitting than satisfies my appetite. I love to exercise. Walked 5 miles again yesterday and will walk more than that today. Or maybe it's a tapeworm!

      Delete
  9. You guys certainly enjoy some good meals. And you have a definite skill when it comes to photographing food. It always looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      We are very lucky! Thanks again for the compliment on my photography!

      Delete
  10. MORE FISH!!!!!! You guys are going to grow gills! I must admit though it looks yummy, but I can not take anchovies. Love your napkin....how nice the service was and every detail. Gotta love places like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      So much good fish to choose from. I HATED anchovies before coming to Spain. I can't believe what I was missing. Turns out I had never had good fresh ones. I recommend a trip to Spain and a good restaurant! Meson Salvador is filled with love. Great food. Great family!

      Delete
  11. Mitchell, what a lovely dinner you had! Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing your special day.
    Take care.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. splendid photos
    You take the cheesecake: I will take the anchovies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      I usually don't enjoy anchovies served that way. Elena insisted we taste them. Amazing. I'll have them next time I'm at Meson Salvador's.

      Delete
  13. Looks like a wonderful celebration! I'd say "you don't look a day over 0," but that just doesn't sound right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth:
      Maybe, "You don't look a day over Naught."

      Delete
  14. Looks so fabulous! I'm glad you were treated to such a special day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      Thanks. Hope your trip was as wonderful as it looked!

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!